01 January 2009

Driving

I've recently re-discovered the fun in driving. The utility I get from all that tire-screeching and burning definitely surpasses the cost of new BFGoodrich tires ($62.99) from Costco.

I must insist that I am a perfectly safe driver at the same time. Since at got my license all those years back, I have never been in an accident, and have been the recipient of only 2 tickets-- and for the lamest reasons. One was for doing a California stop in my own neighborhood. The other was for driving in the left lane. Yes, driving in the left lane.

For anyone out there who didn't know (and is reading this when police ticket quotas are almost due), driving in the left lane is illegal. It's technically a passing lane. I got fined $100 in Massachusetts for "Driving in the Left Lane." And because I live in NJ and CA, I couldn't go up to MA to challenge that abuse of police power in court.

No comments:

Post a Comment